Thursday, March 28, 2013

S.I.A.M. Animals in Heaven?

Unlike my darling hubby, I enjoy pondering. About what, you ask? Many things! One day, as I was pondering what heaven might be like, I thought:

"Are there animals in heaven?"

My answer is yes. Here's why.

1) Heaven is all about eternal happiness, and I love my fur-babies. I thoroughly enjoy laying in bed and having my cuddly little heaters cozy up next to me and turn on their purr-boxes. Heaven! Plus, my babies are gorgeous. I am in awe when I see sunbeams lighting up their fur, or view their ability to flip through the air like they've been training for the Olympics all their life. Heaven, to me, would not be complete if I couldn't enjoy these amazing creations. I feel I should include some photos for reference. Enjoy! More after the break.









Aren't they adorable?? I think so. Nay, I know so!

2) I don't know about you, but I believe the whole walking-on-clouds-flying-around-singing bit is not an accurate description of Heaven. I honestly believe Heaven is meant to be an improvement on life here, but not entirely different. Would someone with a passion for painting or photography be happy flying around singing all day? I dare say not. This isn't to say they wouldn't enjoy it for a while, but I can't believe all this hard work here on earth would lead to eternal singing. What would be the point of learning all these lessons and trying to make yourself better? Scientists would be miserable. Avid gardeners would yearn for the satisfaction of a fresh, perfectly plump tomato (because, of course, there would be plants there too!)

I submit that Heaven is more like earth on steroids. The good kind, that is. The scriptures say our bodies and minds will be quickened. I take this to mean, first of all, that we will be able to use our full brain capacity - that learning disabilities and other barriers to gaining knowledge or happiness, such as Dyslexia, ADD, Depression, Bi-Polar Disorder, etc. will be lifted and we can finally be free to pursue all kinds of experiences we never dreamed possible. Second of all, physical limitations will be no more. To someone who has never had use of their legs, I'm sure that will be heavenly enough. (But, for the record, I believe our new understandings of particles will help us do something much like flying. That's just me, though.)

Anyway, for someone like myself who has had and loved animals all their life, Heaven would not be heavenly without my little furballs. Now, I'd like to believe they wouldn't poop on my rug or claw my furniture in Heaven, but the most important thing is that they'd be there. They'd cuddle with me and demand my attention. They'd turn on their purr-boxes and let their happiness ring in my ears as I study the reality of particles, or teach someone about the Gospel. That's Heaven. I'm sure of it.

Sincerely,
Lora.

No comments:

Post a Comment